142: Kirsten Liegmann Regenpreneur Story - Regenerative Communities That Are Better Than You Could Ever ImagineNov 17, 2023
Come join us at the Regenearth Convergence - December 7-9 in Colorado Springs we are coming together to bring two new regenerative real estate development projects into the world. Come present your project to be voted as one of those two or just come to support regenerative land development.
regenBEN Community and Resource Commons - a community of like-minded impact entrepreneurs cultivating their regenerative businesses, and also a storehouse of free resources and all the recordings of our events for impact entrepreneurs.
In episode 142 of the podcast, Kirsten Liegmann shares her inspiring journey as a regenpreneur and explores the potential of regenerative communities. She discusses the importance of aligning with nature, pushing the boundaries of sustainable living, and the power of consciousness in creating a more connected world. Kirsten emphasizes the need for balance between structure and flow in entrepreneurship and shares valuable insights on following divine breadcrumbs, embracing authenticity, and the transformative potential of self-change. Join Kirsten as she invites listeners to get involved in the Regenearth Studio and be part of the movement towards a regenerative future. ✨🌱🌍🎙️❤️
Kirsten Liegmann is a visionary leader and the founder and CEO of New Humanity Ventures. She is also the co-founder and COO of Oliizoi, a regenerative real estate developer, and the co-founder of the Regen Earth Studio.
With her coaching, mentoring, training, and presentations, Kirsten empowers individuals to become extraordinary leaders and pioneers of a new paradigm way of living on Earth. She believes that conscious, mature, and evolved leadership is essential to transform our unsustainable and life-destroying ways and create a regenerative and life-giving future founded in respect.
Kirsten's approach is rooted in the understanding that in order to solve our problems, we need to change our thinking. She guides her clients and audiences through a step-by-step process to break free from limitations and fears, and fully embrace their leadership roles with joy, courage, strength, and clarity.
Her areas of expertise include awakened leadership, spiritual and personal growth, conscious entrepreneurship/regenpreneurship, sustainability, regenerative elders mentorship, new paradigm designs, and virtual and in-person facilitation.
Kirsten holds an MBA in Sustainable Management and has a wealth of experience in business and project management. She has successfully led and managed numerous virtual events, including HOPE 11-11 and a virtual memorial for her late husband and Chicago 7 activist, Rennie Davis.
In this transformative time, Kirsten believes that a more emotionally and spiritually mature New Humanity can awaken and come together as a powerful global force for change. She is dedicated to igniting, training, and uniting this New Humanity to create a new way of living on Earth.
Kirsten is a captivating presenter and welcomes inquiries about speaking engagements. Feel free to reach out to her directly on LinkedIn.
- What got you up this morning? This morning, I was motivated to start my day by a long meditation session. I have a routine of alternating between long and short meditation sessions each day. After my meditation, I had a series of calls scheduled for the day, starting at 8 am. And now, I am excited to be talking with you on this podcast.
- Share more about your day and the calls you’ve had - Today has been a busy day filled with conversations related to the Regenearth Studio. I had an 8 am network call with potential funders. Following that, I had a call with an accountability group that I have been a part of for almost 20 years, along with three other friends whom I took a leadership course with.
- What gets you excited to do the work you do? I find great excitement in pushing the boundaries of how we can live more fully on this earth. Specifically, I am passionate about focusing on the built world and aligning it with nature. I have a strong desire for connectivity within communities and exploring how we can come together to build communities that are in harmony with nature. This passion was influenced by my late husband, Rennie Davis, who was involved in the Chicago 8.
- Share with us the story of how this work came to be in your life - There are three primary threads that have shaped my journey: entrepreneurship, sustainability, and consciousness. I grew up in Konstanz, Germany, near a beautiful lake, which fostered my appreciation for nature. During my college years in the United States, I had the opportunity to listen to a talk by Joseph Campbell, which ignited my interest in spiritual seeking and consciousness. I began to understand the transformative power of consciousness through stories. I realized that everything is interconnected and cannot be compartmentalized.
- How did the other two threads of entrepreneurship and sustainability come into your life? While pursuing my degree in California, I discovered a minor in sustainability, which immediately resonated with me. Simultaneously, I met my first husband, an engineer and entrepreneur, and we started a business together. Although I learned valuable lessons from those early entrepreneurial days, it was a stressful period. Later, I pursued an MBA in sustainable management in Oregon, where I met my second husband, Rennie Davis. Our paths crossed when I received an email about Rennie Davis speaking on a topic that intrigued me. I felt compelled to attend the event, which led to attending his workshops and eventually realizing that we were meant to be together.
- How did you move through the loss of Rennie and get to the place you are now? The foundation of our work together was based on the 13 life principles of the journey towards waking up. The first principle, "better than you could have imagined," set the tone for our shared experiences. Even in the face of the loss of Rennie, I have found that the journey has unfolded in ways that exceed my highest expectations. I continue to teach these principles, realizing that growth and transformation can emerge from even the most challenging circumstances.
- Take us to this moment, how did you get involved with Regenearth and Oliizoi? My introduction to Regenearth and Oliizoi came through Josh Barnett, Rennie's best man at our wedding. He introduced me to Eric and their joint business venture, Oliizoi, which focuses on regenerative homes in the built world. As we worked on Oliizoi, we recognized the need for a nexus space to commercialize regenerative land projects, leading to the creation of Regenearth Studio. The studio operates as a mastermind, a "do tank," and a funding studio.
- What would you hope regenerative-focused entrepreneurs would take away from your story? I hope that regenerative-focused entrepreneurs are inspired to follow what I call "divine breadcrumbs." Trust that the path you are on is the one you need to be on and be attuned to the feelings that inspire you. Furthermore, I encourage entrepreneurs to focus on personal growth and transformation. It is through our own inner change that we can truly make a positive impact on the world. Finding a balance between structure and flow is also crucial, as emergent ideas need some structure to manifest, while structured approaches can benefit from the inspiration of emergent flow.
- How can we get involved with Regenearth and the work you are doing? To get involved with Regenearth and learn more about our work, you can attend the convergence event taking place from December 7th to December 9th. Visit our website at regenearth.studio or reach out to me via email at [email protected].
Regenerative Real Estate Development: Building Sustainable Communities
In recent years, there has been growing interest in regenerative real estate development as a means to create sustainable communities that are in harmony with nature. By incorporating biomimetic design principles, permaculture practices, and circular economics, these developments aim to not only minimize environmental impact but also restore and enhance the surrounding ecosystems. One organization at the forefront of this movement is Regenearth Studio, which is playing a vital role in bringing these regenerative communities to life.
Biomimetic Design: Learning from Nature
At the core of regenerative real estate development is the concept of biomimicry, which involves emulating nature's time-tested strategies and adapting them to human-built environments. By studying natural systems and processes, developers can gain insights into creating buildings and infrastructure that are more energy-efficient, resilient, and resource-conscious.
For example, biomimetic design principles can be applied to architectural structures to enhance energy efficiency. By imitating the natural ventilation systems found in termite mounds, buildings can be designed to optimize airflow and reduce the need for mechanical cooling. Similarly, the use of biomimicry in landscaping can lead to water-efficient irrigation systems inspired by the water-saving mechanisms of desert plants.
Permaculture: Designing for Sustainability
Permaculture, another key component of regenerative real estate development, provides a holistic approach to designing sustainable systems that mimic the resilience and diversity of natural ecosystems. It involves creating harmonious relationships between buildings, landscapes, and communities while minimizing waste and maximizing resource efficiency.
In regenerative real estate development, permaculture principles can guide the design and management of food production systems, water management strategies, and waste management practices. By integrating edible landscapes, rainwater harvesting systems, and composting facilities, these developments can foster self-sufficiency, promote biodiversity, and reduce reliance on external resources.
Circular Economics: Closing the Loop
Circular economics, also known as the circular economy, is an economic model that aims to minimize waste and maximize resource utilization. It involves designing products and systems with longevity, repairability, and recyclability in mind and emphasizes the importance of reusing and repurposing materials to create a closed-loop system.
In the context of regenerative real estate development, circular economics can be applied throughout the entire lifecycle of a project. This includes using reclaimed or recycled materials for construction, implementing energy-efficient systems to reduce resource consumption, and establishing mechanisms for waste reduction and recycling within the community. By embracing circular economics, these developments can minimize their ecological footprint and contribute to a more sustainable future.
The Role of Regenearth Studio
Regenearth Studio is a pioneering organization that is actively driving the transformation towards regenerative real estate development. Through its mastermind sessions, do tank initiatives, and funding studio, Regenearth Studio brings together a diverse group of stakeholders, including developers, architects, permaculturists, and investors, to collaborate on creating regenerative communities.
One of the key contributions of Regenearth Studio is its emphasis on bridging the gap between vision and implementation. By providing a space for knowledge exchange, idea generation, and strategic planning, Regenearth Studio enables entrepreneurs and developers to turn their regenerative concepts into actionable projects. The convergence event organized by Regenearth Studio offers a unique opportunity for individuals to present their regenerative real estate projects and receive support and funding to bring them to fruition.
Furthermore, Regenearth Studio plays a crucial role in advocating for regenerative real estate development on a broader scale. Through webinars, conferences, and partnerships, Regenearth Studio raises awareness about the potential of regenerative communities and promotes the adoption of sustainable practices in the real estate industry. By highlighting success stories and sharing best practices, Regenearth Studio inspires and empowers others to embrace regenerative design principles and contribute to the creation of a more sustainable built environment.
Regenerative real estate development offers a promising pathway toward building sustainable communities that prioritize the well-being of both humans and the environment. By incorporating biomimetic design principles, permaculture practices, and circular economics, these developments can help us see a more just and equitable future for our communities and environment.