Episode 135: Hoda Mohajerani Regenpreneur Story - The Commitment to Raising Consciousness Through CommerceSep 02, 2023
StorySeed Community and Resource Commons - a community of like minded impact entrepreneurs cultivating their regenerative businesses, and also a storehouse of free resources and all the recordings of our events for impact entrepreneurs.
In Episode 135 of the Seeds of Tao Podcast, we embark on a soulful journey with Hoda Mohajerani, the visionary behind Chakra Chai. Discover the profound story that led to the creation of this unique organic, ayurvedic food and beverage company. Hoda shares the transformative power of a deeply significant life event that ignited a passion for accelerating human consciousness through their business. From sourcing organic to giving back to charitable causes and fostering a cradle-to-cradle lifecycle, Chakra Chai is rewriting the script on conscious entrepreneurship. Tune in to explore the inspiring tale of creation, commitment, and a profound connection to the natural world. 🍵🌿
- 1:47 Start
- 2:45 What got you up this morning and what gets you excited to do your work?
- My cat physically gets me up in the morning
- My Dharmic responsibility internally wakes me up I feel a deep since of responsibility to do the work I do.
- 4:34 Tell us more about the work you do
- From the outside in we are:
- Chakra Chai is an organic, ayurvedic, food and beverage company
- We source organic as our baseline, but strive to be fully regeneratively sources
- We give to 7 different charitable causes, one for each chakra
- The creation of our business model is designed for us to have a cradle-to-cradle lifecycle
- The core of Chakra Chai is to accelerate human consciousness through our organization’s actions.
- From the outside in we are:
- 14:10 What led you to becoming an entrepreneur and starting your journey toward Chakra Chai? 1. Found this coffee table book on the Amazon that deeply fascinated me and sparked an interest in the natural world 2. Almost immediately after purchasing this book I contacted Greenpeace and got involved in a grassroots level. This to me was the beginning of my journey towards Chakra Chai 3. In the late 80s I began experimenting with psychotropic medicines
- It was very monumental to me in feeling mother earth and the violence that is associated with the extractive and exploitative systems that are being done to her and her inhabitants.
- 31:59 How has this very significant life event and start to your business carried you through the journey of building this business?
- “The pleasure of creation and the adrenaline of commitment”
- Finding “God” and love in our work from the most mundane tasks to the absolutely blissful parts of our work.
- 44:53 What do you hope others take away from your story?
- “I wish for all the knowledge of my experience without the experience itself”
- We must ask ourselves, “Why am I here?” and find our purpose
- Stay true to our purpose and Why.
- Redefine what success looks like and what value is.
- 1:05:56 How do we stay in touch and get involved in your work?
- (1:08:37) End
Hoda Mohajerani has synthesized over three decades of experience in women’s, environmental
and human rights advocacy; natural medicines, premium organic branding, fashion and music
production; into a systems-based, servant-leadership, to nurture and realize visions for people
and the planet.
A graduate from the School of Oriental and African Studies, London, Hoda’s academic
background spans sociology, literature, arabic and comparative religions. She has worked with
various ngo’s such as the Women’s Environmental Network, the UN, the Centre for the Study of
Democracy and has been a frequent guest on the BBC.
She has been described by those closest to her as a: Visionary Leader. Servant of Love. Critical
thinker and Compassionate Bullshit Slayer.
The many routes of Hoda’s personal “Silk Road” all eventually led to the founding of CHAKRA
CHAI: A regenerative, mission-driven company rooted in the five thousand year tradition of
Ayurveda. Their primary tagline “Conscious Nourishment for The Conscious Age“ hints at the
company’s fundamental principle: Consciousness is at the heart of our existence. Our
heightened (or reduced) access to Consciousness determines the realities that we experience-
individually and collectively.
Hoda says “we are not just another food and beverage brand. Chakra Chai is a vehicle for our
collective movement towards higher consciousness, reconnecting us to the sacred nature of
creation and food as a form of Communion.”
Joshua Prieto - LinkedIn Profile
Josh is the Co-Founder and Director of the Seeds of Tao learning platform for regenerative entrepreneurs. He has over 10 years of experience creating, building, and operating startup solutions alongside entrepreneurs of all shapes and sizes. That experience has shown him that entrepreneurs have the biggest role to play in the Anthropocene as we either create the solutions for, or become the root problem of, our people, planet, and future. Josh now co-creates educational programs that disrupt the current way our entrepreneurs learn. His holistically designed educational programs empower entrepreneurs to stop chasing “silver-bullet” solutions and start designing solutions that use regenerative systems.